As you may know, when the world first began changing at the beginning of Covid-19 hitting, I immediately began creating something every day. Part of this creation included me regularly recording educational dance videos outdoors in my front yard, both for children and for adults.
This regular activity of creating outdoor dance videos of taking action in an unprecedented time helped me in the following ways:
- Gave me regularity, stability, and a sense of control during a time when everything was spinning out of control;
- Gave me a feeling of responsibility, which is highly motivating for me;
- Provided me with a sacred time where I could tune out the rest of the world and focus only on what I was creating, whether that was Instagram Lives, short dance videos for content marketing, or longer instructional videos for my free classes for adults at online.dancedaze.org;
- Allowed me to experiment, express, and re-discover myself as an artist and as a creative person.
With all of these positive benefits that I experienced, listed above, I am happy that my partner offered to build me my own dance board so that I could continue my practice, experimentation, play, and creation. The sprung dance floor he originally made for me quickly evolved (because, I am an entrepreneur after all) into the Dance Daze Dance Board™.
Here are some of the reasons I believe the Dance Daze Dance Board™ can be useful to you if you are an adult dancer practicing at home or the parent of a child who is studying dance:
- The Dance Daze Dance Board™ might be safer than the surface on which you/your child is currently dancing at home. Dance Daze Dance Boards™ are made by hand with solid wood and a thin rubber bottom, which makes it skid resistant. The wooden surface is also better for dancing on than a carpeted floor, no matter the style of dance.
- When paired with a portable ballet barre from Amazon (linked my influencer shop!) and perhaps some mirrors from Target, you can use the Dance Daze Dance Board™ to create a mini home dance studio for yourself or your child.
- The Dance Daze Dance Board™ gives great sound for tap dance and absorbs some shock in the way that it is semi-sprung (with a very thin rubber bottom layer).
If you’re interested in purchasing a Dance Daze Dance Board™ for yourself or for your child, you can grab one from DanceDazeDanceBoards.com!